Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Workshop - Life is so Sweet! Mask Making

Life is so Sweet! Mask-Making Workshop
facilitated by Suritah-Teresa Wignall

MONDAY evenings in OCTOBER and NOVEMBER (and one Wednesday)
OCT 5, WED OCT 14, 19 & 26, NOV 2 & 9 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm @ TWB

Fee: $69 (No Refunds). Pre-registration and payment required.
Enrollment limited to 15 participants. Limited sliding scale spots available.
We regret our bathroom is not wheelchair accessible.
** PLEASE call to register**

Sculpting the divine and discover the wholeness that already exists within. Masks are powerful instruments of communication. They have been used since the dawn of Creation to tell a story, heal and transform. They can conceal and protect as well as reveal and enlighten. This ancient medium can help better ones self and allow one to reconnect with herself. Whether you are bombarded with anxieties, worries from your past, healing wounds, this workshop is designed to support your re-connection with things that make life meaningful.

Each week for 6 weeks, you will be gently invited to explore the different techniques to mask making and color theory. By the end of the workshop, you will have sufficient knowledge on mask making and color theory, so that you can continue independent exploration.

While creating your mask, feelings of sadness, joy, heartache or memories may come up for you. As your facilitator, Suritah-Teresa will offer the support needed in order to guide you through your journey.

All materials provided, however participants are encouraged to bring things to add to their masks.

Join Suritah-Teresa on this beautiful journey of mask creation.

SURITAH-TERESA WIGNALL in her own words: As a woman of colour, I know first hand how hard it was to find safe spaces to share and heal and to explore my past. I am a woman who has come through a lot and found that painting and clay work was an amazing tool that helped me through my darkest times. Painting gave me the ability to see things that words couldn’t always convey, working in groups with women who reflected me, allowed me to feel that I wasn’t alone and most important, that I wasn’t crazy. Although I have had numerous solo and group exhibits, sold paintings to many amazing individuals from all walks of life and participated in many arts festivals, I can say for sure that one of my greatest passions has been working in the community, working with women and youth teaching art. My background includes working in various cross culture communities teaching art for over 6 years, as well as completing the AWCCA ( Assaulted Women‘s and Child Counselor Advocate Program) at George Brown. Not only do I want to pursue my art career, but my goal is also to work with women and youth who are survivors of violence in the community teaching art.

No comments:

Post a Comment